Purchase Introduction to Developmental Optometry and Basic Visual Efficiency and Visual Processing Skills – Christine Winter-Rundell at Wisvalus! You'll get lifetime access. The BEST quality and the MOST considerate service. (No Ads - No Shipping - No Captcha)...Please check your SPAM MAILBOX if you do not receive our email.
Vision is our dominant sense for learning, but not all eye doctors provide in-depth testing for developmental and functional vision problems and the relevant treatment, such as vision therapy. Developmental Optometrists emphasize an expanded functional, developmental and behavior approach to vision evaluations. Their approach to vision care is directed at correcting existing vision problems and enhancing visual abilities. 20/20 is NOT perfect vision. In fact, the 20/20 test does not evaluate many other important measures of normal vision, including: eye focusing, eye teaming and coordination, eye movement, and visual perceptual skills. Once you have an understanding of these basic skills, and their impact on development, you’ll be able to better identify those patients and students whose academic and therapeutic progress has been delayed as a result, and offer potential solutions to these roadblocks.
Traditional vs. Developmental Model of Vision
- Vision is a dynamic process
Visual System Break Down
- Ocular health and refractive conditions
- Functional and perceptual skills
Visual Efficiency Skill Basics
- Neurodevelopment of eye movements, accommodation and binocularity
Visual Processing basics
- Visual spatial, analysis, and integration skills
- Vision problems as neurodevelopmental disorders
- Visual perceptual testing: Standardized and observational
Vision, Learning and Behavior
- Signs and symptoms of undiagnosed or untreated vision problems
- Vision problems versus behavior problems
- Classroom modifications for vision disorders
- Describe the importance of proper visual function for learning and motor development.
- Determine the eight major components of a complete Developmental Triad Vision Assessment.
Tag: Introduction to Developmental Optometry and Basic Visual Efficiency and Visual Processing Skills – Christine Winter-Rundell Review. Introduction to Developmental Optometry and Basic Visual Efficiency and Visual Processing Skills – Christine Winter-Rundell download. Introduction to Developmental Optometry and Basic Visual Efficiency and Visual Processing Skills – Christine Winter-Rundell discount.